FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR PHOTOSHOOT
WHAT CLOTHING SHOULD I BRING TO MY SHOOT?
Because it would be impossible for us to have all the sizes of clothing needed for all the women we shoot, and because, just as we do with location, we prefer to create unique images for every client, we ask our clients to bring their own clothing the shoot. This is not a reason to go into a panic! The best advice we can give you is to not overthink it and to bring us a lot of options. You don't have to have the outfits figured out. We'll do all that the day of the shoot. Just bring us a lot to choose from!
Here is what you should bring. Color and texture. We know everyone likes black and white, but color photographs better. If you must have black or white, make sure it is sheer, shiny, or has a lot of texture. Bring matching bra and panty sets. Bring lots of extra panties and thongs, too, to pair with other items. Bring corsets, baby tees, tank tops, little cardigan sweaters or hoodies, tailored button-up shirts, short dresses, mini-skirts, low-rise jeans. Don't forget jewelry! From dramatic, bold pieces to pretty, dainty pieces. And last but not least... shoes! High-heeled boots, stilettos, strappy sandals. Any of these could finish a great look for your photos.
WHAT CLOTHING SHOULD I AVOID?
Anything that is or looks like a costume. Cheap clubwear. Solid, flat black or white clothing. FUR! We DO NOT shoot fur. No exceptions.
WHERE DO WE SHOOT?
For style reasons, DIRTY DOLLY does not use a studio for shooting. Clients are responsible for securing the shooting location. A home, apartment or hotel room is great for doing hair and makeup as well as indoor shots. From this location we can venture off to outdoor locations nearby. If you choose remote locations, such as deserts, mountains, lakes, etc., additional fees may apply.
ARRIVE READY TO BE GLAMOURIZED!
Please arrive for your shoot with a clean face and clean dry hair. Having your hair blown-dry straight is preferred, but not required.
SHOULD I DO ANY WAXING BEFORE MY SHOOT?
Make sure that any facial waxing is done at least two days prior to the shoot, as makeup won't stick to freshly waxed skin.
TREAT YOURSELF TO A MANICURE AND PEDICURE!
Don't forget that your fingers and toes will be in the pictures, so make sure they're pretty too!
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I BRING?
Please arrange for food and beverage during the shoot to keep your energy up. You'll need it!
PAYMENT ▪ CANCELLATIONS
- A deposit is due immediately upon booking your appointment and is non-refundable.
- The balance for your selected package is due (in full) 10 business days before your scheduled appointment and is non-refundable.
- All payments are received through PayPal.
- There are no refunds for deposits or balances paid in full, however the client may reschedule at any time.
- Any travel costs incurred for a rescheduled shoot will be the responsibility of the client.
- There will be a rebooking fee of $300 when you cancel your appointment within 2 weeks prior to your shoot date.
- Tips for excellent service are appreciated, but not expected.
IMAGE RIGHTS AND USAGE
- DIRTY DOLLY will provide all of the raw, untouched images from your shoot through a secure file server and DVD. However, these untouched images should not to be published without consulting DIRTY DOLLY PHOTOGRAPHY first. Quality control over our brand is paramount, therefore how the public views our work is very important to us, so compliance to this request is appreciated.
- Clients do not sign model releases, therefore DIRTY DOLLY will NOT own the legal rights to showcase your images. So rest assured, they cannot be used (without your permission) for any reason.
IMAGE TECH SPECS
- Raw files are roughly 55+ MB and can be converted to a high-resolution (magazine quality) 12 x 18 inch (300 dpi) image, suitable for printing from any home printer, digital film lab or online photo service.
- Web files will be converted to a 600x900 pixel image, ready to upload to any website.